Sunday, August 17, 2014

Creation Station - Kinda Eclectically Back to School




Welcome back to another installment of the Creation Station blog hop! If you've come from Ilina Crouse's wonderful blog, you know what amazing things she's created for you this time! If you're starting here, don't worry. You can use the "next" and "back" buttons at the bottom of my blog to hop all the way around.

This time we're featuring the Kinda Eclectic stamp set. I love, love, love this set. It was my #1 choice when I got the new catalog, but I had to wait a bit to get it because we got it for FREE at the #InspireCreateShare2014 Stampin' Up convention. The theme for this hop is "back to school." I was going to make a card with Kinda Eclectic, but I thought a couple of bookmarks would fit the Creation Station blog hop theme. Plus, my DD loves to read and she's always looking for bookmarks.

(Stamp Sets: Kinda Eclectic, Choose Happiness; Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow; Card Stock: Very Vanilla, White Vellum; Accessories: Angled Top Label Punch, Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly Punches, Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon, Silver 1/8" Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Spritzer)
 
(Stamp Sets: Kinda Eclectic, Really Good Greetings; Inks: Crush Curry, Baked Brown Sugar; Card Stock: Very Vanilla; Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum; Accessories: Scalloped Top Label Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Gold Sequin Trim, Gold Bakers Twine)


Next, I altered a composition book that I'm hoping my DD will like to take to school with her. She might not want to "mess it up" by shoving it into her backpack, so I might have to "laminate" it. We'll see.

(Stamp Set: Kinda Eclectic; Ink: Bermuda Bay; Card Stock: Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Pistachio Pudding, Crushed Curry, Whisper White; DSP: Confetti Celebration; Accessories: Apothecary Accents and Starburst Framelits Collections, Bermuda Bay Candy Dots)

Finally, in keeping with the back to school theme, I made a couple of pages using Project Life by Stampin' Up! I really like the smaller format of the 6" x 8" pages. Maybe they don't seem as daunting to me as the "traditional" 12" x 12 " pages. I used the xx set that will be available to customers at the end of August--but demonstrators were able to purchase it already. I also used some embellishments from the coordinating Seasonal Snapshot Accessory Pack (that we got for FREE at convention). This pack contains everything from back to school, through Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, that you'd need for memory keeping. I can't tell you how much I LOVE Project Life by Stampin' Up--it brings together the best of both worlds: quick and easy and cute memory keeping AND Stampin' Up's flare for coordination.

Of course, since my twins are in high school, I don't have any back to school pictures. But since this is memory keeping, I'll remember their first day of middle school, when they actually let me come to the bus stop AND take pictures. 



http://ilinacrouse.blogspot.com/2014/08/creation-station-kinda-eclectic.html


3 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the bookmarks. I'd hate to stick them in a book tho....I'd just want to admire them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bookmarks would be a hit at my house! I have a collector/user here.

    ReplyDelete