Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Best Laid Plans

of mice and men oft go astray. Or, to quote scripture (James 4:13-14), Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit." Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

I'd planned to work on My Paper Pumpkin tonight and another to-be-determined project for tomorrow's blog. And I'd planned to get some card stock cut for Saturday's Christmas card-making glass. But my plans changed instantly when I got a phone call from my son's friend saying that he had had an accident while skateboarding and needed help. Fortunately--thanks be to God--my son is fine and the CAT scan showed that his brain is "completely normal." He's got a concussion, but he'll recover completely in a few days. He's already way, way, WAY better than when I first saw him.

So here's the deal kids: WEAR YOUR HELMETS!! You only have one brain. You need to protect it. This incident has scared the you-know-what out of the kids and they've all vowed to wear their helmets.

That's my excuse for not creating a card for you today. But I'm still going to share a beautiful card I got at the #InspireCreateShare2014 Stampin' Up convention made with the lovely "Beauty of the Season" stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog. This card was created by Kristi Jaenisch and I think it was part of the Very Vintage swap I was in.

(Stamp Set: Beauty of the Season; Inks: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake; Card Stock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla; Accessories: Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Tea Lace paper Doilies, Gold Sequin Trim, Gold Baker's Twine, Venetian Crochet Trim, Gold Satin Ribbon Ovals Framelit Collection)

It's gorgeous, isn't it? Tomorrow, I'll share another swap card with you and then I hope to be back on track showing you some of my creations. But I'll keep my eyes and ears open to what God has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment