Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Last-Chance Products: Bird Banter

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Well, it's the last couple of days for me to play with Stampin' Up's retiring stamp sets and products. Beginning on Thursday, I'm switching over to NEW stuff from the NEW 2018-2019 Annual Catalog. Before I get ahead of myself, let me say a fond farewell to one of my favorite stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog: "Bird Banter." 

This set is too cute and it's one that you should have in your collection, especially if you like to color. I've colored these birds with Stampin' Blends (available again in mid-June), with Watercolor Pencils, with Stampin' Write Markers, and today's bird is colored using a Blender Pen and several classic inks. I think she turned out pretty cute--and I don't like to color!

I stamped the bird image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with a Layering Square Framelit. After I was sure the ink was dry, I used my Blender Pen to give the bird a Powder Pink cheek. I colored the top feathers, wing, and tail with Lemon Lime Twist Ink, and the beak and body with Daffodil Delight Ink. I added some Daffodil Delight Ink to the wing and tail feather, too. I used another Layering Square Framelit to cut a scalloped square mat from the center of a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Basic Black Card stock--and then used that as the mat under the Lemon Lime Twist panel.

I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock with the returning Layered Leaves Embossing Folder. I adhered this to the Basic Black Card Stock mat and wrapped a length of retiring Lemon Lime Twist Mini Striped Ribbon around before adhering to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. I adhered the bird to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. She's just too cute, don't you think?

REMINDER: Retiring stamp sets will only be guaranteed to be available until May 25. All other products are NOT guaranteed and are only available while supplies last. ALL retiring items will be discontinued after May 31.











Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment