Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wonderfully Shiny

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I love embossing folders! I love that you can get a subtle background texture on a card--or a bold one. Even though I like a clean and simple design, sometimes that's too plain and just the right embossing folder adds that bit of texture that gives the card a bit more style and finesse. I kind of have "whole set syndrome" when it comes to embossing folders--or maybe I'm like Ash in Pokemon--I've gotta have 'em all!

The Maps Etc. Embossing Folder (item 146822) in the new Stampin' Up Annual Catalog reminds me of, oh, I don't know--Space Mountain? It's made to coordinate with the Best Route Suite of products on pages 52 and 53, but I thought it would be fun to use it as a stand-alone.

I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of a Silver Foil Sheet with the Maps Etc. Embossing Folder, adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black mat, and then onto a Whisper White Card Stock card base that I embossed again with the Maps Etc. Embossing Folder.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Versamark onto Basic Black Card Stock. I sprinkled on some Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with my Heat Tool. I cut this out with a Layering Oval and then mounted it on a Whisper White scalloped oval that I cut with another Layering Oval Framelit and then embossed with the Maps Etc. Embossing Folder. (Told ya I can't get enough of it!) I adhered this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card was quick and easy and it's filled with fun textures. I think this would be a great card for a teenager or a young person who loves space, Martians, Space Mountain, etc. 

 
Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment