Monday, June 4, 2018

Be Happy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   You know what's fun about being asked to be a display stamper for a Stampin' Up event? Getting new product before the catalog comes out!! Woot! You know what's a little challenging? Getting new product before the catalog comes out--because you have no road map to help you navigate. When my display stamper box of goodies arrived, I was overjoyed. I LOVED the stamp sets I was given to use. But there were also some "orphan" products in the box: an embossing folder, washi tape, and enamel shapes that didn't seem to go with any of the stamp sets. So I had to get creative, and I think I pulled it off!
After we got our 2018-2019 Annual Catalogs at the OnStage event (before anyone else!!), I found out that my elements were part of the Best Route Suite of products (pages 52 and 53). It's an awesome suite for making cards and for memory keeping. I'll be filling in the missing items as soon as I place a new order! In the meantime, let's see how I created this card for the display.

I started by embossing a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel with the Maps Etc. Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Night of Navy Card Stock mat.  I added a length of each of the three Best Route Washi Tapes around the card stock, wrapping the edges around the back, before adhering it to a Basic Gray Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped a greeting from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set (I love this sentiment!) in Night of Navy Ink onto a Whisper White scrap. I punched it out with the Tailored Tag Punch. I punched another Tailored Tag in Night of Navy Card Stock and used my Paper Snips to cut it in half lengthwise to make a mat for my sentiment piece. I added this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I found the arrows in the Best Route Enamel Shapes and added them to the card for a fun touch! I think this card turned out pretty cute--even though I didn't have a map etc. (see what I did there?)! 












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment