Thursday, June 7, 2018

Geoffrey's Party Bag

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Have you seen the adorable Animal Expedition Suite on pages 26 and 27 of the new Annual Catalog? I love this set so much! I'm thrilled that the "Animal Outing" stamp set coordinates with a matching set of Animal Friends Thinlits Dies that you can get in a bundle and save 10% off the price of purchasing them separately. I think the animals are so cute in this set and they're fun to color with Stampin' Blends.

For today's project I made a small treat bag from a 10" by 6" piece of Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper using my Gift Bag Punch Board and a bit of Tear and Tape. (You could use the Animal Expedition DSP from the suite.) I tied a bow of Tranquil Tide Mini Ruffled Ribbon through the top.
Next, I cut a 2" strip of Whisper White Card Stock and stamped the giraffe in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I added a sentiment from the "Animal Outing" set in Cajun Craze Ink. I used Light Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends to color the giraffe. I was pleased to see how easy it was to blend the colors to get a more "realistic" look for the giraffe. 

I turned this piece into a tag by punching the top with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. I rounded the corners at the bottom with the Envelop Punch Board because I think the rounded corners make for a more finished look for the tag. I tied the tag onto the bag, through the Tranquil Tide Ribbon, with a length of Linen Thread. 

This would be super cute for a gift bag at a children's party, don't you think?!









 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment