Thursday, June 14, 2018

Easy As Pie

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ublueunwind   Last month, I was thrilled to attend Lydia Fiedler's Understand Blue Unwind retreat in Temple, Texas. I've been wanting to go to this retreat since I first heard about it and I promised myself that I would go someday. Well, I couldn't wait for "someday" so I just went ahead and went in May. (Not sure I can afford to go again in the near future, but I'll definitely go again.)

We had a blast fellowshipping and creating and eating and laughing. Stampers are the best people, ever. If you know a stamper, you know I'm not making that up. They are some of the kindest, funniest, creative souls you'll ever meet.

On the first night of our retreat, some of us participated in a shoebox swap. If you've never done a shoebox swap, you should look for one! Each participant creates a card that can be done in about 10 minutes and prepares all the supplies for the card, including the stamp set, inks, papers, embellishments and puts them into a shoebox. Today's card was designed by Michelle Brownstein and it's adorbs!! And it's as easy as pie to make. Here's how!
Michelle started with a Night of Navy Card Stock card base. She provided a 4-1/2" by 2-1/2 piece of Whisper White and the same size piece of Real Red Card Stock. We wrapped a length of the super cute Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon around these pieces and adhered them to the card base.

Michelle had pre-cut a 2-1/4" Crumb Cake scalloped circle and a 1-3/4" Crumb Cake circle that was embossed with the Basket Weave Embossing Folder. We adhered these to the card so that they looked like a freshly baked pie. I added a sentiment from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set in Night of Navy. And that's it! Super cute and super quick and easy (just the way I like it)!!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment