Monday, July 13, 2020

Magenta Posy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of my favorite color combinations is black and white and a pop of color--just about any color--but a bright pink like Magenta Madness combined with Basic Black and Whisper White is so strikingly pretty! Today, I've combined these colors along with the "Gorgeous Posies" stamp set to make a card "for a very kind and thoughtful friend."

The "Gorgeous Posies" stamp set goes with the beautiful Gorgeous Posies Card Kit on page 8 of the annual catalog. Of course you could--and should--use this set to create the cards in the kit, but you can also use it "outside the kit box" just as you would with any stamp set!

For today's card, I started by stamping the leaves for the posies in Just Jade Ink onto a 2-1/2" square piece of Whisper White Card Stock. (You can cut this piece with your Paper Trimmer or use one of the Layering Squares Dies.) I adhered this piece to a just-larger Magenta Madness Card Stock scalloped piece that I cut with one of the Layering Squares Dies. I stamped the posy in Magenta Madness onto Whisper White Card Stock and added the dots in the center with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Then I fussy cut the posy and adhered it to the square piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock panel with the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder. I wrapped a length of Whisper White 1/4" Seam Binding Ribbon around this piece and then and used Black Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere it to a Basic Black Card Stock card base. I adhered the flower piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

To finish the card, I stamped a sentiment from the "Gorgeous Posies" stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink onto a 1/2" by 2-1/4" strip of Whisper White Card Stock. I adhered this to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Doesn't that Magenta Madness just pop on the Basic Black and Whisper White?! I love it!

I hope you'll check out the Gorgeous Posies Card Kit because it is as advertised--gorgeous! And now you can see another use for the coordinating stamp set!

Stay healthy! Stay safe!













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment