Friday, January 15, 2021

Pretty in Pink

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I hope you've been enjoying a week of cards using the "Dragonfly Garden" stamp set. I have one more fun card for you this week and I think I've saved the best for last! Today's card uses elements from the Peony Garden Suite along with the Dragonfly Garden Bundle. It's so soft and subtle I just love it!

This is a "fun fold" card. It's much easier to make than you'd imagine. I started with  4-1/4" by 8-1/2" piece of Petal Pink Card Stock and scored it at 5-1/2". That's your card base. Next I cut a 3" by 8-1/2" Petal Pink Card Stock piece and scored it at 4-1/4". I cut a 3-1/4" by 4-1/2" piece of Basic White Card Stock and adhered it in the center of the larger part of the card base. Then I adhered the smaller Petal Pink piece to the center of this piece, with the fold on the left. I cut 2-3/4" by 4" piece of Whisper White and adhered this to the center of the smaller, folded Petal Pink piece, like this.

I cut a 3" by 4" piece of the gorgeous Peony Garden Designer Series Paper and adhered it to the front, right side of the card base. And I cut a 2-3/4" by 4" piece of another sheet of the Peony Garden DSP and adhered it to the front of the top folded piece. 

Whew! It's easy done, than said or typed, really!

Next, I stamped a dragonfly from the "Dragonfly Garden" stamp set in Petal Pink Ink onto Basic White Card Stock and punched it out with the Dragonflies Punch. I cut a circle from Basic White Card Stock using one of the Stitched Shapes Dies. I adhered the circle directly to the front of the card and used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the dragonfly to the circle. 

I stamped a sentiment from the "Dragonfly Garden" set in Petal Pink onto a 3/4" by 2" Basic White piece and adhered it to the card, slipping it under the stitched circle.

For a finishing touch, I added three of the pretty Petal Pink Elegant Faceted Gems to the front of the card. So lovely!

I hope you have a restful weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

Stay healthy! Stay safe!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment