Sunday, March 15, 2015

Creation Station Celebrates Easter


I've been absent for a couple rounds of the Creation Station blog hop. I was away on a business trip for one round and then through a problem with my observation of the space-time continuum, I plum forgot about the last one. Well, I didn't forget exactly. I just didn't realize that the blog hop was that week. I thought it was the following week. Whatever. I'm here now and that's what counts right?

This time our theme is Easter and we're featuring the fabulous Sale-A-Bration FREE (with qualifying purchase) stamp set: Lotus Blossom. This is, by far, my favorite stamp set in the SAB brochure! It's a three-step stamp and the results are awesome.

My first creation came about almost by accident. I was in my favorite store, Target, and I always go down the aisle where they have the marked down stuff. You know, just in case there's something there I have to have. I found an awesome bottle that I just had to buy...and then I realized it would be awesome for an Easter project. I filled the bottle with a variety of red jelly beans. That would have been pretty on its own, but we have to have a stamped element, right?

I stamped the Lotus Blossom stamp in Rose Red onto a piece of Whisper White card stock. The first two steps were stamped full strength. I stamped off the third step before I applied it to the flower. Then I added a layer of gold to the image--so my lotus is four steps!!


I cut out the flower with a framelit from the Ovals Framelits Collection. I punched a Rose Red tag with the Scalloped Top Tag Punch and a thinner tag in Basic Black. I rounded the corners of each piece with the Envelope Punch Board. I stamped the "Happy Easter" sentiment from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" onto Rose Red and flagged the end with the Banner Punch. I tied the tag onto the bottle with a long length of Gold Baker's Twine, wrapped around the bottle neck several times.


For my next project, I made a little Easter basket. I saw a tinier basket on Pinterest, but I wanted to make a larger sized basket. Fortunately, my first trial didn't turn into an error. I guessed right on the measurements.

I cut 5 8"x1" strips of Crumb Cake for the basket spines. One piece of 11"x 3/4" Crumb Cake serves as the basket top. The handle is 10" x 3/4" and attaches to the sides of the basket with silver mini brads. I sponged Soft Suede along the long sides of each piece to give the basket some dimension. I curled the basket spines with my bone folder so they weren't so stiff to work with. I punched a circle of Crumb Cake using the 2-1/2" Circle Punch to use as the base of the basket. 

I cut an 11" x 3" piece of Wild Wasabi and then fringed one side with Fringe Scissors. I formed a circle and just dropped the piece into the basket.


I added a tag from the "Label Love" set that I stamped in Wild Wasabi and again in Soft Sky. I cut the sentiment from the Soft Sky piece and added it to the Wild Wasabi piece for a two-toned label. I punch this with the matching Artisan Label Punch. I tied the label onto the basket with a length of Soft Sky cotton twine from the Painted Blooms Cotton Twine collection.

Click on the tutorials link above for a picture tutorial for assembling the basket.


Just click the "next" or "back" buttons to continue on the hop. I know the Creation Station design team has some awesome designs and you'll want to see them all!!

http://theartfulinker.com/creation-station-creating-for-easterhttp://stampandcreate.net/creation-station-easter-celebration

Here are the supplies for the tag on the Lotus Blossom bottle:


Product List

Here are the supplies for the Easter basket:

Product List

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use the gold as an accent layer when stamping the Lotus Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back in the Tour with us, Kathy! I love your projects - I'll have to try using the gold ink on the Lotus Blossom - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Easter basket, so clever!

    ReplyDelete