Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Greatest Adventure

#stampinup   The colors in the Going Places 6"x6" Designer Series Paper stack are just wonderful together. I never would have paired Delightful Dijon with Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow--but I love this color combination. I also love the designs on the paper--maps and stars and blueprints--they're great for a masculine card.

Today's card is another card we'll be making during a stamp-a-stack next month. It was inspired by this card by Lisa Pretto. I changed mine up just a little bit, but the design is all Lisa's.

The card starts with a Lost Lagoon card base, topped with a Delightful Dijon mat, which is then topped with a Very Vanilla panel embossed with the World Traveler Embossing Folder. I used the blueprint piece of the Going Places DSP for my horizontal piece and the Basic Black world map DSP for my vertical piece. These are both adhered directly to the Very Vanilla panel.

Next, I stamped the globe from the "Going Global" stamp set in Lost Lagoon onto a Very Vanilla scrap and punched it out with the 2" Circle Punch. I stamped the heart-shaped sentiment from the same set in Lost Lagoon and punched it out with the Sweetheart Punch. Any of the sentiments in this set would work, and I plan to offer the guests their choice.

I wound some Basic Black Baker's Twine and adhered it to the back of the globe image before adhering it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. The heart is also adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This would be a great card for a man--for any occasion, depending on the sentiment you choose.




Product List

1 comment: