Thursday, February 25, 2016

Rosy Birthday

#stampinup   One of the first stamp sets I purchased from the Occasions catalog was "Rose Wonder." I usually don't go for big, over-the-top flowers, but the "Fear not, for I am with you..." stamp from Isaiah 41 sold me. I love that scripture! I also really love the font for all the sentiment stamps int this set. Plus, when you bundle the "Rose Wonder" stamp set together with the matching Rose Garden Thinlits Dies, you save 15% of the cost if you'd have purchased them separately. Who doesn't like a deal?!

This card requires some water coloring. I'm not a fan of water coloring--do you notice the word "coloring"? Yeah, I don't like to color and adding water to the recipe, well, that could spell disaster. But, I forged ahead and I'm pleased with the results.

I stamped the large rose image in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Shimmery White panel. The Shimmery White Card Stock is great for water coloring since it allows the colors to move. I dipped my Aqua Painter into some Rose Red ink that I'd squeezed into the lid of the ink pad. I got the ink really wet, quite diluted, and I just messy water colored the rose. I cleaned my Aqua Painter and then used Garden Green to water color the leaves.

I set this aside to dry while I went to the Big Shot and cut out the Rose Garden frame for the flower. I used the fabulous new Big Shot Die Brush to get all the little teeny tiny pieces out of the rose. That's such a useful tool!! Once I'd prepared the rose frame, I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to place a very thin line of glue on the back, and then adhered it right over the stamped and water colored rose image. Cool, huh?

I added this panel to a Basic Black mat using Fast Fuse Adhesive because that ensures the two pieces are adhered tightly and don't warp due to the wet water coloring. I added these pieces to a Rose Red card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock and then stamped the frame. I cut these out with another framelit from the Rose Garden set and attached it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Isn't this pretty card? I might get the hang of water coloring after all!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment