Monday, February 22, 2016

Kathy Kartak's Fun with Kits

#stampinup   I only have a few TV shows that are "must-see" TV--one of those on my list is "Big Bang Theory" (another is "Marvel's Agents of Shield," but that doesn't fit today's blog post.) There's a recurring feature on BBT called "Dr. Sheldon Cooper's Fun with Flags." It's just the silliest thing.  It always makes me laugh. When I was thinking of a title for today's blog post, I thought of "Fun with Kits" and started giggling because, well, you know where I'm going with this.

Anyway, I had the most wonderful time at my friend Kira's house on Saturday. She gathered a few friends and we made the "Tin of Cards" kit together. If you haven't tried them yet, Stampin' Up's kits are awesome. (If you have tried them, you already know what I mean!) The Mint Macaron striped tin is just the cutest thing to hold all your cards in!


We stamped and decorated the dividers that go in the kit and made all 16 cards that come with it. The kit comes with all the supplies you need to make 16 cards--4 of each of 4 designs--with lots of stuff left over to use on other projects.

You can follow the instructions, or you can use the instructions for inspiration. You can even have an "oops moment" when you stamp an image in the wrong place and then have to improvise to "correct" your "mistake." One of Kira's guests had an "oops moment," but I think the card she created is even better than the sample card. What do you think?
Here's some of the guests with their creations. They had loads of fun and loved the cards and tin. 

If you'd like to gather a few friends for a grown-up play date and make this wonderful project--or any of the projects in the Stampin' Up annual catalog or Occasions catalog, please contact me and let's set aside some time for fun, fellowship, and creativity I've put all the kits in the pictures below so you can see the awesome choices.
 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment