Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Apple?

#stampinup   The "Apple of My Eye" stamp set has some great, fruity images in it--citrus slice, apple, cherry, pear. I'm particularly taken with the citrus slice and I was particularly inspired by this card by Amy Koenders. I just love the bright pops of color and the simplicity of the card! I had to CASE Amy's card precisely--with no changes! We'll be making this card during an upcoming stamp-a-stack and I know my guests are going to love it.

Just like Amy, I started by stamping the sentiment from the "Apple of My Eye" stamp set in Calypso Coral onto a Whisper White panel. I adhered this to a Calypso Coral mat.

Next, I stamped two citrus slices in Daffodil Delight onto a Whisper White scrap and two citrus slices in Calypso Coral onto a Whisper White scrap. I punched all four slices with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch. I cut off a bit of one "lemon" slice and adhered to the the Whisper White panel with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I added the next "lemon" and "orange" slice, in line, using Stampin' Dimensionals. I eyeballed the last "orange" slice and cut off a bit so that it would be even with the Whisper White panel and adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals, of course.

Then, I wrapped Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine around the slices. I adhered the assembly to a Daffodil Delight card base, cut lengthwise. I tied a 6" piece of Baker's Twine into a bow and added a Basic Rhinestone Embellishment for a little bling--just like Amy did! OOO! I love this card!!!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment