Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Poppin' Flower

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Today's card has a clean and simple feel to it.  Don't go thinking that "clean and simple" means "plain and boring." This card has so much texture and color that it pops! I love the way the flower pops off the Whisper White background.  It's so dramatic.  And so easy to make!!

I stamped the flower from the "Special Reason" stamp set in Watermelon Wonder onto a Whisper White scrap.  Then I cut out the flower with the coordinating Stylish Stems Framelits Dies.  You can get both these fabulous products in a bundle and save 10% over purchasing them separately.  Next, I colored the petals closest to the center of the flower with a Watermelon Wonder Stampin' Write Marker.  And then I colored all over the flower with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush so that the flower really sparkles!

I stamped the two solid image leaves from this set in Emerald Envy onto Whisper White scrap and cut them out with the matching Stylish Stems Framelit.  

To build the card, I started with a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.  I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White mat, which I embossed with the Festive Embossing Folder, to a 3-7/8" by 5-18" Watermelon Wonder layer.  Next, I knotted a length of Whisper White Organza Ribbon and wrapped it around these layers before adhering them to the card base.

I adhered one of the wonderful Lace Doilies to the card--these doilies are wonderful because they are Whisper White on one side and Very Vanilla on the other. Squee!!  Then I adhered the leaves and, finally, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the flower.

I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment from the same stamp set in Emerald Envy on to a 1/2" strip of Whisper White Card Stock, flagged the end with my Paper Snips, and then adhered this to the card, tucking it under the ribbon.  Sweet!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment