Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wonderful Dragonflies

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of the most popular bundles in the Occasions catalog is the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle, featuring the "Dragonfly Dreams" stamp set and coordinating Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies.  I've had this bundle since demonstrators could order it--like back in November--but I haven't had a chance to play with it.  So as I was planning my upcoming projects and blog posts, I flipped through the Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs to see what sets I've been neglecting--and found out that there are a lot!! I'd better get busy using them and sharing my creations with you!

I knew I wanted to use the thinlit with the group of dragonflies and I knew I wanted to cut them out in Basic Black Card Stock.  That was the easy part.  Figuring out the rest of the card to me a minute--until I remembered that the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack has several pieces that would be great to feature.  So I pulled out a piece that looks like an Island Indigo sky and I cut out the dragonfly group again.

I wanted something interesting behind the dragonflies, but every piece of cardstock I tried behind them was blah.  Then I shoved three different colors behind the dragonflies and that was just what it needed!  I used Old Olive, Pool Party, and Soft Sky Card Stock behind the dragonflies and pieced it together like this and adhered it to the back of the DSP.

I stamped the sentiment directly onto the DSP in Basic Black Archival Ink and then I adhered the DSP and pieced card stock to a Basic Black mat.  Next, at the bottom of this piece, I wrapped a length of the Silver Metallic Ribbon that you can get for FREE with a $50 order during Sale-a-Bration.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this to an Island Indigo Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.  I put a bit of Fine-Tip Glue behind the head and body of each dragonfly to adhere them to the card.  That way they look like they're about to take flight off the card!
I usually don't do the inside of the card, but the sentiment on the front needed some closure.  So, I stamped the second sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Soft Sky panel and adhered it to a Basic Black mat before adhering that to the inside of the card.  While creating the card, I had experimented with the colors and had cut out some Soft Sky dragonflies, which I relegated to my "card part" pile since I decided to use the Serene Scenery DSP instead. So I retrieved them from the pile, trimmed off two dragonflies, and added three to the inside of the card, adhering them with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment