Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Birthday Poodle

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of the cutest stamp sets in the new Stampin' Up catalog is the adorable "Birthday Delivery" set.  You can (and should!) purchase it in a bundle along with the matching Birthday Friends Framelits and Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper. When you purchase all three items together you save 10% off the price of purchasing them separately. The coolest part about this suite is that the framelits not only match the stamps, they also match the DSP.  Remember this card?

Today, I'm going simple and just using the stamps.  The characters in the "Birthday Delivery" stamp set are reminiscent of characters from my childhood--and if you're of a "certain age" you may be reminded of some childhood characters, too. Today's card reminds me of Dr. Seuss.

I started by stamping the poodle in Smoky Slate onto Whisper White. I used a Blender Pen and some Powder Pink ink to color in her fluffy puffs. I colored her bow with a Blender Pen and Tranquil Tide ink.  I cut this piece out with a Square Layering Framelit and cut another, just larger scalloped square from the center of the Tranquil Tide Card Stock mat.

I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment in Tranquil Tide Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Powder Pink Card Stock and adhered that to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Tranquil Tide card stock (the same piece from which I cut the scalloped square--no need wasting paper, right?).

I wrapped some Whisper White Bakers Twine around the card before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock Card base.  I adhered the poodle to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I thought the card was a little too plain, so I colored the poodle with Clear Wink of Stella so now she is really dazzling.  And then I added three Pearl Basic Jewels to finish the card.




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment