Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Pretty Daisy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Sometimes I'm struck by a spark of creativity and sometimes I need a little kick start.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who scrolls through Pinterest looking for ideas.  Usually I like to look at a lot of cards and then use an element that inspires me--a color combination, a layout, a composition. Other times I find a card that's simply perfect and I have to CASE it (copy and share everything).

Today's card was inspired by one made by Christy Fulk.  Her card is simply gorgeous! Christy showed her genius by choosing Wisteria Wonder for the daisy. That color isn't even listed on the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper--but it's perfect!
For my card, I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel.  I stamped a sentiment from the Daisy Delight stamp set in Wisteria Wonder ink at the bottom right.  Then I adhered a 3" by 3-3/4" piece of the stunningly beautiful Delightful Daisy DSP to the top half of the panel.  I wrapped a length of the Daffodil Delight Double-Stitched Ribbon around the panel before adhering it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Wisteria Wonder mat.  I adhered this to a Daffodil Delight Card Stock card base, cut diagonally.

I stamped the daisy from the "Daisy Delight" set in Wisteria Wonder Ink, twice, onto Wisteria Wonder Card Stock. I punched out both daisies with the Daisy Punch.  I used my bone folder to curl the daisy petals, one with the inked side down and one with the inked side up, to give the flower some dimension. I adhered the first daisy to the card with one Stampin' Dimensional and used a bit of Snail Adhesive to adhere the second daisy on top, offset a bit.  I added the largest Clear Faceted Gem to the center of the daisy.

Isn't this card perfect?! Thanks Christy, for the inspiration!








 

Product List

1 comment:

  1. Awe, thanks for the kind words about my card! I'm so glad you liked it, and thank you for linking back to my blog. Your card turned out great! BTW, I can't believe Wisteria Wonder didn't get listed in the colors for this paper. The purple in it has just got to be Wisteria Wonder! ;)

    ReplyDelete