Sunday, June 4, 2017

Creation Station: Something Old, Something New



#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation   Hurray and huzzah! The new Stampin' Up catalog is here! It's always a fun time when the new catalog arrives and we start our miles-long wish lists of everything we have to have in the catalog. My wish list really is big this time! I'll need to pace myself or I'll go broke!

This month your Creation Station design team's theme is "something old, something new." We thought that was a clever twist on the June wedding theme AND on the new catalog. Our task is to create projects using new products from the catalog and current products that carried over and are still available.

My cards use the new "Ribbon of Courage" stamp set and the returning "Swirly Bird" set.  I absolutely love the sentiments in the "Ribbon of Courage" set and the zentangled images.  I thought those images paired well with the abstract images in "Swirly Bird."

I chose the color combination for this card from the colors in the oh-so-pretty Color Theory 6" by 6" Designer Series Paper Stack. I started with a 3-1/2" by 4-3/4" Whisper White panel. I stamped the swirls from "Swirly Bird" in Old Olive. The splatters are also from "Swirly Bird" and they're stamped in one of the new In Colors, Berry Burst. I stamped the splatters off once before stamping onto the panel.  I stamped three Berry Burst flowers from the "Ribbon of Courage" set.

I stamped the sentiment from "Ribbon of Courage" in Old Olive onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with one of the Layering Ovals Framelits. I adhered that to a Crushed Curry scalloped oval that I also cut from the Layering Ovals Framelits.

I adhered the stamped panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Crushed Curry Color Theory DSP.  I wrapped a length of 3/8" Crushed Curry Mini Chevron Ribbon around the DSP and stamped panel before adhering everything to an Old Olive card base.

Finally, I adhered the sentiment  to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and tucked a piece of a Delicate White Doily under the ribbon.  I'll be sending this card to a friend who needs some encouragement.

I used the same two stamp sets for my next card but the style is much different!


I stamped the large, solid swirl image from "Swirly Bird" in another new In Color, Powder Pink, onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel.  I also stamped the lined swirl in Powder Pink.  Next, I stamped the stem from "Swirly Bird" in Wild Wasabi and added some Wild Wasabi leaves, some Power Pink flowers, and some small Berry Burst swirls. I've gotta tell you: I had no idea there were so many cool pieces in "Swirly Bird." I need to pull that set out more often to play with it!!

I stamped the sentiment from "Ribbon of Courage" in yet another new In Color, Fresh Fig.  Then I stamped the larger heart from "Ribbon of Courage" in Berry Burst onto a Whisper White scrap and fussy cut it. I adhered the heart to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. The Support Ribbon Framelits are made to match the "Ribbon of Courage" stamp set, but I don't have them yet. I won the stamp set at the Stampin' Up OnStage event, so I have to get the matching framelits separately. But YOU can purchase both the stamp set and the framelits in a bundle and save 10% over purchasing each of them separately!

I adhered the stamped panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Fresh Fig mat and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut diagonally.

For a finishing touch of bling, I added two of the smallest and lightest Berry Burst Glitter Enamel Dots to the center of the flowers. I love these new enamel dots!!
Both cards are super simple and super quick to make and they're both the perfect marriage of old and new stamp sets and inks!

Now you can hop on to Valerie Moody's blog or back to Sara Langland's blog. Both Valerie and Sara are new to the Creation Station blog hop. Their creations are ahhhmazing!! You will truly be inspired!

Thanks for hoppin' on by!



http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/saranelllangland/blog?directBlogUrl=%2Fblog%2F57716%2Fentry%2Fsomething_old_and_something_new_creation_station_june_blog_hophttp://www.stampingwithval.com/2017/06/04/something-old-something-new/


Product List

Product List

6 comments:

  1. These are such great cards--I would never have thought of these two stamp sets together! Your cards remind me to always look at the possibilities of the smaller images in a stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely creations, Kathy. Beautiful pairing of the stamp sets, and lots of fun elements. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Kathy. Those two sets pair together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I love how you used the Ribbon of Courage set!!! SO creative!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Kathy ... and I too love how you've used the Ribbon of Courage stamp set x

    ReplyDelete