Monday, July 2, 2018

So Much To Love!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Over the weekend, I attended the new catalog event with my Stampin' Up team, Proverbial Stampers & Friends. I love going to these events because we learn business and stamping tips, we make 16 make-and-take cards using new catalog products, and we have great food and fellowship. One of the highlights is the card swap. Those who wish to participate make 25 swap cards and we come home with 25 different cards. These swaps are a great way to get ideas for cards I might want to make or to showcase stamp sets I don't own. This is just one of the perks of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator.*

I really love the card I created (if I do say so myself). It has so many pretty details--and pretty embellishments from Stampin' Up's beautiful Share What You Love Suite (pages 176-178).
I started with a 2" by 3" piece of Shimmery White Card Stock. I used an Aqua Painter to give it a watercolor wash with Pear Pizzazz Ink. After that dried, I stamped the flowers from the "Love What You Do" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Ink. Then I used an Aqua Painter to water color the flowers with Rich Razzleberry Ink. I loved the fact that no two of these pieces came out the same!

Next, I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Old Olive Card Stock mat. I adhered a 3-3/4" by 1-1/2" strip from another sheet of Share What You Love DSP. I adhered a 5" piece of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon right on top of the DSP strip.

I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere a 2-1/4" by 3-1/4" piece of Old Olive Card Stock at an angle onto the card front and to adhere the stamped image. I stamped "just for you" from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Rich Razzleberry Ink onto Shimmery White scraps. I punched these out with the Pretty Label Punch (just one side). I added a Stampin' Dimensional and tucked in the sentiment piece. There's so much to love about this card!








Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment