Wednesday, October 3, 2018

He's Making a List

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Gosh, I miss those days when my kids were little and I could snap them to attention with just the beginning of a song: "Oh, you'd better watch out! You'd better not cry! You'd better not pout! I'm telling you why:  Santa Claus is coming to town!" Seriously, that worked like a charm. It didn't hurt that we live near the woods and there were always deer around and we'd tell the kiddos that they were Santa's spies, reporting back any misbehavior. All three kids are "adults" now (but still living here) so I have to be more creative to get their attention and guide their behavior.

Today's card makes me nostalgic for those good old days.  It's the same layout as Monday's card, but with two different images from the Santa's Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper.
I started by using the Santa's Signposts Framelits Dies to cut out Santa and his list from the DSP. I fussy cut the pile of toys from the same DSP. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere both of these cut-outs to a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Panel. I stamped a sentiment from the "Signs of Santa" stamp set in Poppy Parade Ink and then adhered everything to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Garden Green Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Poppy Parade 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon around before adhering everything to a Poppy Parade Card Stock card base.

This card is so simple to make and it's so adorable because of the adorable images from the Santa's Workshop DSP!

Tomorrow I'll be sharing a more elegant Christmas card with the "Dashing Deer" set from the Holiday catalog, so be sure to come back!











 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment