Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Happy Christmas Wishes

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   When I start planning my first Christmas card stamp-a-stack session, I have to choose a stamp set and accessories from the annual catalog because my first session is in August and the holiday catalog won't be out by then. Fortunately, there are always a few sets that carry over from one year to the next and there are always NEW Christmas sets in the annual catalog. My favorite of this year's crop is "Mistletoe Season." The images are fresh and modern and the coordinating Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper is really fun!

Well, today's card is pretty clean and simple and it's a CASE (copy and share everything) of a cute card made by one of my stamping idols, Mindy Backes. I changed the color scheme up  just a little bit because I thought the new Granny Apple Green would go great with the old stand by Real Red. What do you think?

I used the Stamparatus to get the two-step mistletoe stamps just right. I stamped one in Shaded Spruce Ink and the other in Granny Apple Green Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped the bow outline in Shaded Spruce Ink and filled it in with Real Red Ink. Then I cut out the image with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I adhered this to a large Real Red Card Stock scalloped circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits.

Next, I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Granny Apple Green Card Stock panel with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I love the subtle texture that embossing folder gives to a piece of card stock--I guess that's where it gets its name! I tied on a length of Real Red 3/8" Cotton Ribbon before adhering it to a Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Dashing Deer" stamp set in Real Red Ink onto Whisper White and punched it out with the Pretty Label Punch. I cut a circle of Real Red Card Stock using one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits and adhered it to the back of the label. Then I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the card, I adhered the mistletoe piece to the card with some more Stampin' Dimensionals and added some Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the mistletoe image. I think this will be a fun card to make at my October Christmas card stamp-a-stack!











Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

1 comment: