Thursday, October 4, 2018

Merry Christmas, Deer

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'm a sucker for a deer at Christmas time, especially one with a fanciful set of antlers. I think it's because they remind me of Harry Potter's patronous. I especially like the deer in Stampin' Up's "Dashing Deer" set because of the lovely pattern in the silhouette. See what I mean?
 
Let me tell you how to make this card because it's a fun card to make, with loads of textures and patterns. So, the first thing to do is stamp the patterned deer from the "Dashing Deer" set (there are two other deer included in the set) in Gray Granite Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. Then cut out the deer with the matching Detailed Deer Thinlit. Set him aside.

Next, stamp a sentiment of your choice--I used a sentiment from the "Mistletoe Season" set--in Cherry Cobbler Ink onto the top right corner of a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel.  I adhered a 1-1/2" by 5" strip of Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper to a 3-7/8" by 5" strip of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock and then adhered this to the Whisper White panel. I adhered that to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Gray Granite Card Stock mat. Then I wrapped a length of Gray Granite 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon around this assembly before adhering it to a Cherry Cobbler Card Stock card base.

I adhered the deer to the card with a combination of regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. And then because I thought the card needed a little something to balance the design, I adhered three Clear Epoxy Droplets to the bottom right. Here's the finished product.
I really like how this card turned out--and I like how I combined elements from different stamp sets and product suites to make this card. You don't have to be a "pro" to do that--just experiment with what you have and see what you can come up with!

















Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment