Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Origami Surprise

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ublueunwind2020   Yesterday I wrote about how much fun I had attending Lydia Fiedler's virtual Unwind Retreat over the weekend. While it would have been more fun to attend in person, I was grateful to join virtually. We had almost as much fun. I honestly laughed until I cried. It's been a while since I truly laughed like that. I also wrote about a challenge from the retreat, so go back a take a look at that, if you missed it. Today's project is from another challenge. We were to make "happy mail." That was the only parameter. Some made cards with envelopes or mailboxes. I decided to make an origami envelope with a surprise in the center. I found the instructions here. Try it! It's fun. Here's the outside of the project.

I used a full sheet of Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (retiring) and folded it according to the instructions. I wrapped it with a belly band made from a length of Whisper White Flax ribbon (retiring).  When you open it up to the first level, you get this pinwheel effect.

When you open it all the way, you find a surprise message inside!

In the center, I placed a 3-7/8" square of Whisper White Card Stock onto which I stamped the birds image from the "Free As A Bird" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black. I stamped a sentiment from the same set into the upper corner, also in Tuxedo Black. I colored the birds with a combination of Light Pool Party, Light Mint Macaron, and Light Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends. The birds' beaks are colored with Light Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends. The branch is colored with Light and Dark Crumb Cake Blends; the flowers with Light and Dark Petal Pink Blends; and the leaves with Light and Dark Old Olive Blends.


Isn't this a cute surprise? If you love the Bird Ballad DSP (and who doesn't?!) or the Whisper White Flax Ribbon you'll need to act fast. They're only available while supplies last and then they retires at midnight on June 2nd. Just click on the thumbnails below and you'll go directly to my online store where you can make your purchase.

Stay healthy! Stay safe!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment