Thursday, May 14, 2020

Tropical Gratitude

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The weather here in central Maryland is finally going to turn warmer at the end of this week. Yesterday and today, the temperature just squeaked into the 60's. By Friday, it's going to be well into the 80's. It's going to be downright tropical, I tell ya! So, how about a card that shows gratitude for the warmer weather and for someone special in your life? Take a look at this one that uses the "Timeless Tropical" and "Country Home" stamp set, both of which are carrying over into the new catalog.

I used the Stamparatus to make the two-colored palm trees. First, I inked up the stamp with Shaded Spruce Ink. I used a baby wipe to wipe off the tree trunks and stamped just the palm fronds onto a 2-3/4" by 3-1/2" Whisper White rectangle. Then, I cleaned the stamp and inked it in Sahara Sand Ink. I used a baby wipe to wipe the Shaded Spruce Ink off the palm fronds. Since the Stamparatus makes it easy to stamp the same image over and over, this two-color image was a breeze to make!

Next, I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Balmy Blue Card Stock mat with the Eyelet Lace Embossing Folder (retiring). I adhered the stamped rectangle directly onto this. Then I wrapped a length of Magnolia Lane Linen Ribbon (retiring) around everything before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Country Home" stamp set in Shaded Spruce Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched it out with the Pretty Label Punch (retiring). I cut a circle from Shaded Spruce Card Stock with the smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies. I adhered the stamped label to the circle and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment piece to the card.

Don't forget to order your retiring favorites today: accessories are only available while supplies last and stamp sets are only guaranteed to be available through May 20. The last day to order any retiring product is June 2nd. Don't miss out!













Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment