Monday, May 25, 2020

A Giraffe of a Different Color

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ublueunwind2020   The corona virus has forced us to cancel many things in our lives and while that's sad, sometimes there's a silver lining. Like: I'm spending more time with my family than ever, which is a silver lining because they're on the verge of adulthood and someday soon we won't be spending all this "quality" time together. Like: I've got so much free time on my hands that I'm organizing all the piles of clutter that have accumulated all over the house.

And like: I wouldn't have been able to attend Lydia Fiedler's Unwind Retreat if it had been held in person in Texas, but the silver lining is that all retreat alumni were invited to join in on the crafty fun over Zoom for the entire weekend! Oh my goodness, it was so much fun to see these people, to learn crafting techniques, and to laugh and laugh and laugh!!!

We had a couple of crafty challenges to complete over the weekend. One was to create something with an animal, but the animal had to be a color that isn't normally that animal's color. How fun, right? I used the "Animal Outing" (retiring) stamp set to stamp the giraffe image in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped him again onto a Silicone Craft Sheet and then turned it over and rubbed it onto the card stock so that I got a mirror image of the giraffe! How cool is that?

I colored the giraffes with Light Rich Razzleberry and Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends and then cut them out with a square Stitched Shape Die. I stamped a sentiment from the "Animal Outing" (retiring) stamp set in Rich Razzleberry Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with a smaller square Stitched Shape Die.

I cut a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Rich Razzleberry Card Stock to use as a mat. I used two sizes of Layering Squares Dies to cut the scalloped mats for the stamped pieces out of the center of this piece. Then I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Pumpkin Pie Card Stock with the Layering Leaves 3D Embossing Folder (retiring) and adhered it to the Rich Razzleberry mat. I tied on a length of Whisper White Flax Ribbon (retiring) before adhering everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I adhered the stamped and matted images to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and then I added three Melon Mambo Noble Peacock Rhinestones (retiring). To finish the card, I gave the giraffes a wash with my Clear Wink of Stella 'cause who doesn't love some sparkly razzleberry giraffes?!

As of this posting, all the retiring items are still available to order, but they are only available while supplies last until June 2. So if you want any of these, get a move on!!

Stay safe! Stay healthy!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment