Friday, May 29, 2020

C'est Magnifique!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I was so excited when I saw the Parisian Blossoms Suite in pages 14 through 17 in the January-to-June Mini Catalog. My daughter completed a semester abroad last year, culminating in a week in Paris. These products were perfect for putting together pages in her memory book (which is still on our to-do list). But even if she hadn't gone to Paris, I would still love this suite. The colors are so pretty and the accessories are magnifique! Je suis tellement triste (I'm so sad) that part of this suite is going to retire: the "Parisian Beauty" stamp set and coordinating Parisian Dies and the beau Parisian Blossoms Designer Series Papier. So I had to play with these one more time before I must bid them adieu. Here's my farewell card.

I stamped some images from the "Parisian Beauty" stamp set (retiring) in Gray Granite Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Pool Party Parisian Blossoms DSP (retiring) before adhering it to a 4" by 5-1/4" Petal Pink Card Stock mat. PROTIP: If you tilt the Eiffel Tower Die diagonally on the mat piece, you can cut it out of the mat, saving you some card stock--which is precisely what I did! Then, to give the card a vintage-y feel, I sponged Gray Granite Ink along the sides.

I used the Stitched Shapes Dies to cut a circle from Vellum Card Stock and an oval from a piece of the Parisian Blossoms DSP (retiring) and adhered them to the front of the card. Then I wrapped a length of Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon (retiring) around before adhering everything to a Gray Granite Card Stock card base.

I used a Sponge Dauber to apply Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to the die-cut Eiffel Tower. When it dried, I cut a strip along the edge of a sheet of Stampin' Dimensionals and used it to adhere the Tower to the card.


I stamped a sentiment from the stamp set in Gray Granite Ink onto a Petal Pink Card Stock scrap. Working quickly before the ink dried, I sprinkled on Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with my Heat Tool. I punched this out with the Classic Label Punch and snipped off the ends with my Paper Snips. To finish the card, I added some Champagne Rhinestones.

Remember:  the retiring items are only available while supplies last and only midnight EDT on June 2nd and then they retire. Oh! You can save 10% by ordering the stamp set and dies as a bundle.

Stay healthy! Stay safe!













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment