Friday, July 17, 2015

Bright & Fresh

#stampinup   I love the sketches on the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog. They really are "fresh!" Playing along with these challenges has helped me design clean and simple cards. I still have a bit of trouble embracing the space--so I almost always add some embossing. Your design elements have to be almost perfectly placed for them to work. I'm still getting the hang of that. It's a work in progress.



For today's card, I started with a Pacific Point card base. Next, I added a Whisper White mat that I embossed with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder. Then, I stamped the pansies from "Birthday Blossoms" stamp set in Pacific Point on some Whisper White scraps. I punched them out with the matching Pansy Punch.

I used a Blender Pen to pick up some Daffodil Delight ink from the lid of the ink box and colored the centers of the flowers and added some shadows. I stamped the "celebrate you" sentiment in Pacific Point onto another Whisper White scrap and cut it with one of the Chalk Talk Framelits. I backed this with a Daffodil Delight oval cut from one of the Ovals Framelits.

Finally, I adhered the flowers and the sentiment to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals for a little depth.


 

Product List
130698s
[130698]
$16.00
102845s
[102845]
$10.00

2 comments:

  1. These blue flowers with a touch of yellow are so very pretty! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your trio of cute flowers - the Pacific and Daffodil is such a fresh combination! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete