Friday, July 3, 2015

Retro Mint

#stampinup  I'll admit: I'm a little bit obsessed with pairing Mint Macaron with Basic Black. I think this combination is so elegant. So when I saw this week's Retro Sketches challenge, I grabbed my card stock and my new favorite set, "Birthday Blossoms," and got to work.



I started by cutting my card stock to match the sketch: a Basic Black card base, a Mint Macaron mat, a 3-1/8" x 4-1/8" Basic Black mat, and a 3" x 4" Whisper White panel for stamping. I inked up the pansy from the "Birthday Blossoms" set with Mint Macaron ink and stamped it randomly on the Whisper White panel. I adhered all the panels together and wrapped a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon (have I mentioned that I'm over-the-moon that Stampin' Up gave us some Basic Black ribbon this time??!!) around the panels before adhering them to the card base.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of Mint Macaron and cut it out with one of the ovals in the Ovals Framelits Collection and adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. So quick and so easy and so stunning (if I do say so myself)!!


 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment