Thursday, July 9, 2015

Painted Pansy

#stampinup   If you scroll back over the past few weeks of this blog, you'll see that I'm only slightly obsessed with the Mint Macaron/Basic Black/Whisper White color combo. I just can't seem to get enough of it. I'm apparently also slight obsessed with the "Birthday Blossoms" set because I've been using it all the time! But what an obsession to have!!

This week's sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog is, as always, clean and simple and, to my great surprise, I'm loving clean and simple. I used to think I was a very vintage, collage-y kind of stamper, but I'm in a new phase of clean and simple. And I like it!


I started with my color scheme and decided to use a piece of the Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper as a focal point on the squares. I cut the DSP squares and the Basic Black mats with the Squares Framelits collection. Those framelits have saved me a lot of work measuring and cutting my pieces!

Next I stamped the pansy from the "Birthday Blossoms" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a Whisper White scrap. I colored the flower with an Aqua Painter using Mint Macaron ink and then punched it with the Pansy Punch.

I aligned the squares on a Mint Macaron panel and added the pansy with Stampin' Dimensionals. I used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to position the sentiment. Then I tied a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin ribbon at the bottom of the panel. I adhered this to a Basic Black card base--and that's it! Quick and clean and simple and pretty!!



Product List
130698s
[130698]
$16.00

3 comments:

  1. I love this new mint color and it sure pops with black! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty! I love how the Mint works with the black. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! And I love this color combo too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete