Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Retro Santa

#stampinup   Today's offering is the third of my four projects made for the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew challenge. We were challenged to use our favorite ribbon in our favorite way. I LOVE all the 1/4" cotton ribbons that Stampin' Up is currently carrying! I'm so glad they carried over. My favorite way to use ribbon is to tie it around an element of a card--like this banner!

I started by cutting a 2" strip of Real Red Card Stock and running it through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. Then I flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. Next, I cut a 1.5" strip of Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper and flagged its end with the Banner Triple Punch. You know, when I first saw the Banner Triple Punch I didn't think I needed it, but it's so versatile-- it's like getting three punches in one!! And I use it all. the. time. I adhered the DSP banner to the card stock banner and then tied on a length of Real Red 1/4" Cotton Ribbon.


Next I fussy cut a Santa and his sack of toys from another sheet of the Home for Christmas DSP. I also used the 2.5" Circle Punch to punch a coordinating musical piece from yet another Home for Christmas DSP!


I stamped a sentiment from the "Lots of Joy" stamp set in Real Red onto a Very Vanilla scrap and punched it out with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch. I adhered this to yet another circle of Mossy Meadow that I punched out with the 2" Circle Punch.

I had an Early Espresso card base on my desk that I'd thought about using for another project, but had abandoned that idea. I put all my elements onto the card base and was pleasantly surprised by how wonderfully retro the pieces were when all pulled together on Early Espresso. I embossed the front of the card base with the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder before adhering all the elements. Santa and the sentiment are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. The other elements are adhered directly to the card base with Snail Adhesive.

Finally, I added a few random Basic Rhinestones to finish the card.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment