Friday, December 11, 2015

An HP Birthday

#stampinup   My darling daughter asked me to make her a Harry Potter card for her friend's birthday. So off to Pinterest I went! I pinned a few punch art cards to give me some ideas. You can follow my board here:

I chose to CASE this card made with the Owl Builder Punch that was created by Sue Lehrer in Minnesota. I see from her blog that she was also inspired by Pinterest!

For my card, I started with a Crushed Curry card base. I added a Basic Black mat and then a Cherry Cobbler panel that I embossed with the Brick Wall embossing folder.

I built my owl by punching three owls from the Owl Builder Punch: one in Whisper White, one in Basic Gray; and one in Basic Black. I assembled the owl using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. (Don't look too closely, or you'll see some glue oozies.) I made the glasses from the larger circle on the Owl Builder Punch. I stuck two Basic Black Circles to a sticky note and then used the 1/4" Circle Hand-Held Punch to punch out the middle. Aren't I clever?

I punched a circle with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch and adhered my owl to the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped a sentiment from the "Tin of Cards" stamp set in Cherry Cobbler onto a Whisper White strip that I'd flagged with the Banner Triple Punch.

My daughter was so excited and deemed the card "So cute!" (Still waiting for that thank you....)



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment