Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Anchor in the Storm

#stampinup   #onstage2019   #onstagetelford2019   #faithfulinkspirations   Yay! It's Wednesday so it's time for another sneak peek of some wonderful products from the new 2019-2020 Annual Catalog! We made this card at the OnStage event in April and I just love everything about this Come Sail Away Suite. Take a look at this awesome card we made!
I find that there's too much tension during a Stampin' Up event make-and-take session and I don't want to hurry with my card making. So my strategy is to stamp and punch and die cut the items I don't have and then assemble the card at home. That way I can take my time and make modifications if I want to. This make-and-take was sized for a note card, but I wanted to make it a full-size card, so I started with a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base. I adhered the 3-1/2" by 5" striped Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper directly to the card, a little off-center. Then I added another 3" by 4-1/4"  piece of the DSP to the other side of the card, a little off center.

We stamped the compass rose from the "Sailing Home" stamp set in Soft Suede Ink onto a 2-3/4" by 4" Watercolor Paper panel. When I got home, I squeezed some Balmy Blue Ink onto the lid and gave a light watercolor wash to this panel, using my Aqua Painter.

We also stamped the lighthouse in Night of Navy Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. When I got home--and after my pre-order arrived--I used the Smooth Sailing Dies to cut out the lighthouse. I also use one of the dies to cut the ship's wheel from a piece of Crumb Cake Card Stock and the rope from a piece of Soft Suede Card Stock.

We stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a Balmy Blue Card Stock piece and punched it out with the Everyday Label Punch. There's a lovely die in the Smooth Sailing set that would work perfectly for this sentiment, too.

I adhered the watercolor paper directly to the card. Then I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the lighthouse and sentiment. I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the ship's wheel and the rope. 

For a finishing touch, I tied a length of Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine onto one of the Sail Away Trinkets. I adhered this to the card with a Glue Dot.

Isn't this set wonderful? I can't wait to play with it some more! Oh! Once the new catalog goes live on June 4, you can get the "Sailing Home" stamp set and Smooth Sailing Dies together in a bundle, saving you 10% off the price if you ordered them separately. Yay!









 
Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment