Thursday, May 23, 2019

Buh-Bye Powder Pink

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Today we're bidding goodbye to one of the retiring 2017-2019 In Colors--Powder Pink.  This is such a sweet color and, I'll miss it, of course. I really like to pair a pink with a gray. That is such a classic and timeless color combination.

One of my daughter's friends is getting married soon and, naturally, I wanted to make her a card. I thought a combination of pink and gray would be perfect. So I grabbed some card stock and the Detailed Floral Thinlits (retiring) and got to work. Here's how it turned out.

I started with a 4" by 5-1/4" Powder Pink Card Stock (retiring) panel and used the Detailed Floral Thinlits (retiring) to cut the pattern. I stamped a sentiment from the "Dragonfly Dreams" stamp set (retiring) in Basic Gray Ink onto the center of the panel. I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the die-cut panel to a Smoky Slate Card Stock card base.

To finish the card, I tied a cute bow from Gray Granite 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon and adhered it to the card with a couple of Glue Dots.  Then I added some pink Share What You Love Artisan Pearls (retiring) for that special touch. I hope the bride and groom will like their card--but more than that I wish them many blessings for a happily married life!












Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment