Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Sweet Dreams

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #OnStage2019   #OnStageTelford2019   As a "hobby demo" for Stampin' Up, I have to be strategic about the stamp sets I purchase. I usually choose sets that I like and that I know my customers will like and that I think will last through a couple of catalog cycles. I'm pretty good at knowing my customers' tastes. I haven't always hit the longevity mark though. But that's OK, I love and use my stamps while they're still current and then I lovingly put them away for resale later.

Because I don't have endless funds to purchase everything in the Stampin' Up catalog, I became a demonstrator so I could purchase stamps and supplies at a discount! And because I can't buy everything, I'm always glad to receive a card made with a stamp set that I don't own. When that card is stunning, I'm overjoyed! 

I received today's card at the OnStage event in Telford, England. It was made for the fancy card swap by Jacqui Lawrence, from Thwaite, England. I love the sweet colors she used and the layout is perfect!

Jacqui used the "Follow Your Dreams" stamp set (retiring) to stamp the various elements of the dream catcher in Petal Pink, Pool Party, and Gray Granite Inks. She cut out the elements with the Chase Your Dreams Dies (retiring).

To build the card, Jacqui started with a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise. She added a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Petal Pink Card Stock mat. Then she added a 3-3/4" by 5" Gray Granite Card Stock mat that she embossed with the Quilt Top Embossing Folder (retiring). She cut a Pool
Party Card Stock frame using the Stitched Rectangles Dies. She cut a Whisper White Card Stock rectangle with another of these dies.


Jacqui sponged Pool Party Ink onto the Whisper White panel and stamped the dream catcher in Gray Granite Ink. Then she assembled the die-cut elements and adhered them with Multipurpose Glue and Stampin' Dimensionals. 

For a finishing touch, Jacqui added some Clear Wink of Stella to the centers of the Flowers. She cut the "dream" sentiment from Champagne Foil Sheet with another of the Chase Your Dream Dies and adhered it to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Simply gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration, Jacqui!!

There's still time to purchase this stamp set and matching framelits--and in a bundle, saving you 10% off the price of purchasing them separately. If you love this stamp set, it's only available until June 3rd--or while supplies last!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment