Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Daisy Smile

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ProtipTuesday   Today's guest designer is Karen Monger who blogs at www.paperstampstudio.blogspot.com.  She made this sweet card with the "Daisy Lane" stamp set and the "Birch" background stamp.

Karen started by stamping the "Birch" background stamp in Crumb Cake Ink onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White panel. She adhered this to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base.

Next, Karen adhered a 2-1/4" by 4-1/4" Crumb Cake mat to the card with a 2" by 4" Whisper White panel on top. She stamped the daisy head in Pretty Peacock Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and the stamped the stem in Garden Green. She fussy cut these pieces and adhered them to the rectangular panel, using Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the flower head.

She stamped a sentiment from the "Daisy Lane" stamp set in Pretty Peacock Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched it out with the Timeless Label Punch. Next she tousled a length of Linen Thread and adhered it to the back of the label element. She adhered the label to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Want a Protip on tousling baker's twine? I wind it around my fingers like this:

When did my hands turn into my mother's hands?!
I then put a little bit of adhesive behind the label and stick down the tousled twine. After I adhere the label--usually with Stampin' Dimensionals--I rearrange the twine until I like it. But remember: "tousle" means "to make something unruly" so you don't want it to be too perfect, right?











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment