Friday, July 26, 2019

Grateful for my BFF

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #FabulousFriday   My BFF, Lynn Birus, is one of the most creative people I know. I always say she can make coq au vin from a package of macaroni and cheese and apple juice. She's the one who inspired me to get more creative with stamping...and she's the reason I joined Stampin' Up as a demonstrator--because I was always trying to stay one step ahead of her creatively. Lynn is on my Stampin' Up team now and we have lots of fun creating and talking about stampin' together. I've made great strides in my art, but I'm still running to catch up. Lynn is our guest artist today. Here's her fabulous card!

Lynn is a genius with our Stampin' Blends. I can color with them. Lynn can do all kinds of subtle shading--which is what they're made for! She stamped the pitcher and floral arrangement from the "Country Home" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock. She cut out the image with a Stitched Rectangle Die. She stamped a second pitcher and colored it with Light and Dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blends. She fussy cut this and adhered it to the main image with Stampin' Dimensionals.She colored the floral arrangement with Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Light and Dark Old Olive, and Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie Blends. She colored the cotton with a White Stampin' Chalk Marker.

Next, Lynn embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Very Vanilla Card Stock panel with the Tin Tile 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to a Very Vanilla card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. She flagged both ends of a 1-1/2" by 4" Pumpkin Pie Card Stock strip with her Paper Snips and adhered this directly to the card. Then she adhered a length of Night of Navy Checked Ribbon (retired) on top. (Our new Denim Ribbon would be fabulous instead!) She then adhered the stamped image on top of that with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, Lynn stamped the "so grateful" sentiment from the "Country Home" set in Night of Navy onto a 1/2" by 2" strip of Very Vanilla and flagged the end with her Paper Snips. So fabulously cute!!

Have a wonderful weekend and come on back on Manic Monday! See you then!













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment