Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Pretty in Ombre

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ProtipTuesday   Did you know that you can use your acrylic blocks for more than just mounting stamps? Did you know that you can also stamp with them? You can! And for today's Protip Tuesday, I'll show you how!

I used the long, thin clear block "I" for this technique, but you can use any block and any colors of ink. I used Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, and Flirty Flamingo Inks for a pink ombre effect. Protip: Work from lightest to darkest inks so that you don't muddy your ink pads. I applied the lightest color ink pad (Petal Pink) right onto the clear block. I applied the next lightest color ink pad (Blushing Bride) to the middle of the block, overlapping the first color slightly. Then, I applied the darkest color ink pad (Flirty Flamingo) to the end of the block, overlapping the middle color slightly. Here's how the block looks with the inks applied.


Next, I spritzed some water onto the block so the colors started to run into each other and I stamped the block directly onto a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Watercolor Paper. I spritzed the Watercolor Paper with water and let the colors run into each other some more. When I liked what I saw, I set the ink with my Heat Tool...because I'm too impatient to wait for ink to dry naturally!

Once the ink was dry, I put the Watercolor Paper into my Stamparatus and stamped the large flower from the "Good Morning Magnolia" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used the Stamparatus because I knew the nubbly Watercolor Paper wouldn't "take" the ink completely the first time. I was able to just ink up the spots on the stamp that hadn't given me a good image the first (and second) time until I got a nice, bold image. I stamped the sentiment from the same set in the corner of the Watercolor Panel in Tuxedo Black, too.

I adhered the Watercolor panel to a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat and then onto a Blushing Bride Card Stock card base. And that's it! 

I'll share another Protip using the acrylic blocks next week--they're quite versatile!!












Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment