Tuesday, August 20, 2019

She Believed She Could

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ProtipTuesday   I've got three four five Protips for you today! I'm so excited to share them with you! I love to find stamping "hacks" and try them out. I'm all for creating great cards quickly and easily. I used the cute "This Little Piggy" stamp set for today's card--and I used one of the stamps that I've never inked. 

Before I started I had to do a little "rubber surgery." What's that? Well, it's when you decide that you want to have the sentiment and image (or two images) separated into individual stamps and you "surgically" separate them. The stamp started off like this.

But I wanted to be able to stamp the pig and sentiment to individually. You can mask the sentiment by putting some washi tape over it, inking up the stamp, pulling off the washi, and then stamping. That's PROTIP #1. I don't always get a clean image that way, so I resort to "surgery." I got out a pair of (retired) rubber scissors and cut off that sentiment, like this, which is PROTIP #2.

I could have trimmed the pieces a little better, but that's too much like work.

I stamped the pig in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Whisper White Card Stock. I colored the pig with Light and Dark Petal Pink Stampin' Blends and then cut out the image with a square Stitched Shape Die. I adhered this to a Basic Black Card Stock scalloped square that I cut with one of the Layering Squares Dies.

I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Petal Pink Card Stock panel with the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder and then adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat. (PROTIP #3: I cut the scalloped square from the center of this piece first.)  I adhered the stamped pig image to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, wrapped a length of Whisper White Flax Ribbon around these pieces, and then adhered everything to a Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Next, I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black twice onto Whisper White scrap. I punched out the sentiment with the Classic Label Punch. I used my Paper Snips to cut this into individual phrases--it's much easier to do this by using the Classic Label Punch to get your longer lines straight--PROTIP #4! I adhered the sentiment pieces to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

I wanted some extra bling--as usual--but I didn't have any black bling. So I colored three Basic Rhinestones with a Black Sharpie--PROTIP #5! I love these black Rhinestones!

Let's recap. PROTIP #1: Use washi tape to mask a sentiment from a stamp before inking. PROTIP #2: "Surgically" remove a sentiment from a stamp, making two separate stamps. PROTIP #3: Punch or die cut shapes from the center of your card stock mat (no one's going to know!). PROTIP #4: Use the Classic Label Punch to cut individual words or phrases from your sentiments. PROTIP #5: Color plain Basic Rhinestones with a Sharpie to change their color!

You're welcome!














Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment