Monday, January 21, 2019

Cake Is The Answer

#stampinup   #saleabration2019   #faithfulinkspirations   January is my birthday month. Sometimes people ask me if I mind getting older. I do not mind at all. I always say that I love my birthday because I get presents and cake! So when I saw the "Piece of Cake" stamp set in the Occasions catalog and the "cake is the answer" sentiment, I knew I had to have it! I'm also thrilled that it comes in a bundle with a matching punch. I have a little PROTIP for you, too. That's my birthday gift to you!

PROTIP: I punched the cake and cake stand from a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock. I laid this into my Stamparatus, holding it down with a magnet. Then I put the stamps into the negative space left by the punch, like this, and closed the lid to pick up the stamps.


I removed the template and then I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Whisper White Card Stock and then punched it out with the Cake Builder Punch. As you can see the images were perfectly placed for punching!


I colored the cake with Light Balmy Blue, Light Lovely Lipstick, and Light Pineapple Punch Stampin' Blends. I colored the cake stand with Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends.

Next, I used the new (squee!) Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies to cut a mat from the gorgeous Lovely Lipstick Foil Sheets that you can earn for FREE with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-Bration. I used a smaller Rectangle Stitched Framelit Die to cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp the candles for the cake on this piece and colored them with Light Balmy Blue and Light Pineapple Punch Stampin' Blends.

I adhered the Whisper White Piece to the Lovely Lipstick Foil piece with Stampin' Dimensionals and I adhered the cake and cake stand to the Whisper White piece with both Mini and regular Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I embossed a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Balmy Blue Card Stock with the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder and adhered that to a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon around and then adhere everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

To finish, I adhered the cake assembly to the card. I stamped the "cake is the answer" sentiment in Balmy Blue Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with the Classic Label Punch. I tucked this behind the main image, adhering it to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

On the inside, I stamped the sentiment in Balmy Blue Ink and added some Lovely Lipstick hearts.

Pretty cute, huh? Stayed tuned to this blog because I'll be sharing some more great cards made with this set in the next week or so!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment