Thursday, January 3, 2019

Time To Celebrate

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Do you know what drew me to Stampin' Up in the beginning (of time)? The fact that everything coordinates so well! When my friends first started stamping, we'd go to a store and try, try, try to find coordinating products. My friends were much better at it than I was. I just didn't like the hodgepodge, mis-matched stuff I cobbled together. Honestly, I wasn't "sold" on stamping or Stampin' Up when I first tried it. But a couple of parties and stamp camps later, I was totally SOLD! When I first started building my collection of stamping supplies, I'd pick out a card in the catalog and buy everything I needed to make that one card. And, I'm almost embarrassed to admit (but not that embarrassed) that it never even crossed my mind to use stamps from two or three or FOUR different sets!! I've come a long way, baby.

Today's card is a perfect card to showcase how Stampin' Up's product coordinate so wonderfully. Take a look! Everything on this card is fom the Happiness Blooms Suite of products on pages 24-26 of the Occasions Catalog that goes live today (January 3, 2019)!

We made this card at the OnStage Live event in November and it was a big hit! The card base is one of the Happiness Blooms Memories & More Cards & Envelopes (page 26). You get 10 4" by 6" card bases and matching envelopes and 10 3" by 4" card bases and matching envelopes. They're meant to coordinate with the Happiness Blooms Memories & More Card Pack, but you can use them for stamped cards, too, like we did!

We stamped the smaller flower from the "Bloom by Bloom" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink onto the card base. Next, we stamped the larger flower in Lovely Lipstick Ink onto a 2-3/4" by 3-3/4" Whisper White panel. We added the flower's stem and leaves in Call Me Clover Ink and the dotted accents in Night of Navy Ink. We adhered this to a 3" by 4" piece of Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper.

Next, we flagged the end of a 2" by 4" strip of another piece of Happiness Blooms DSP with Paper Snips and adhered that directly to the card base. We folded a length of Calypso Coral 3/8" Satin Ribbon and adhered that to the card, after snipping the ends. We added the stamped image to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

We stamped a sentiment from the "Itty Bitty Birthdays" set in Night of Navy Ink onto a 1/2" by 4" strip of DSP from the same pack and adhered this to the stamped piece. Finally we added some Lovely Lipstick Happiness Blooms Enamel Shapes to finish the card.

Perfectly coordinated, happy bliss!!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment