Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Best Dad

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  Today's card is super fun and shiny--and it's another "quick and easy" card using the Classic Garage Suite of products. All the cards I'm sharing this week have the same color scheme--Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red--with touches of silver. Take a look at this great card. It reminds me of all the chrome on cars from the 1950s and 1960s.

My dad only bought one new car in his life and that was a 1965 Ford Mustang. Every other car he bought was used. But he loved that new Mustang! The image in the "Geared Up Garage" stamp set is reminiscent of that Mustang and it brings back some happy childhood memories. I remember a trip to Florida that our family took in that car. What fun!

I stamped the car image in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel. Next, I embossed a 3-3/4" by 2-1/2" Silver Foil Sheet with the Tufted Embossing Folder. I adhered this to the Whisper White panel and then wrapped a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon around to cover the seam. I adhered this to a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat and then onto a Real Red Card Stock card base.

I stamped the "best dad" sentiment from the "Classic Garage" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and cut it out with one of the Garage Gears Thinlits. I cut the Silver Foil and Real Red Card Stock medallion pieces with the same set of Thinlits. I adhered these to the card. Finally, I added three silver Metallic Pearls to the ribbon for some extra interest.

You can get the Garage Gears Thinlits and the "Geared Up Garage" stamp set in a bundle (150610)--and save 10% off the price of purchasing them separately. Add the Silver Foil Sheets (132178) and you'll be set to make some awesome cards AND you will have earned enough to get yourself a FREE Sale-a-Bration item!














Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment