Thursday, August 30, 2018

Dolce Colors Thinking of You

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   There are so many stampers whose work inspires me. Sometimes I like their all-around style. Sometimes I admire their flare for composition.  Sometimes I fall in love with their color palette. Krista Frattin, on the Stampin' Dolce, blog inspires me with her clean and simple designs, her awesome color palette, and her thoughtful embellishments. I didn't think I could pull off a "dolce" card myself, without turning to a card that Krista made and CASEing it. I eventually did add some of my own touches, but I owe homage to Krista's spectacular card!
For my card, I inked the tallest tree from the "Rooted in Nature" set in Mint Macaron and stamped it onto a Whisper White scrap. Then, without reinking the stamp, I stamped it onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel twice--not reinking it in between (second and third generation stamping). I then inked the same stamp in Rich Razzleberry Ink and stamped off once before stamping onto the same panel. Then I cut the original tree out with the matching Nature's Root Framelit.

I adhered the stamped panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Crumb Cake Card Stock mat and then onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Grapefruit Grove mat. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around these pieces before adhering them to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise. I adhered the die-cut tree to the card with a combination of Mini and regular Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next I cut a Whisper White Card Stock square with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits and adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped a sentiment from the "Nature's Poem" stamp set in Rich Razzleberry Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I fussy cut the words with my Paper Snips and used Mini Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere them to the stitched shapes square. I used my Clear Wink of Stella to add some shimmer to the words and to give them a watercolored effect.

I finished the card by added some of the gorgeous Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.
I'm so pleased with my Stampin' Dolce-inspired card. Which stampers inspire your creativity? I'd love to hear from you!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment