Friday, August 17, 2018

Wrapping Up a Week of Best Route Suite Projects

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I hope you've been reading my blog this week (and every week!) and I hope you've enjoyed the week of projects made with the Best Route Suite of products on pages 52 & 53 of Stampin' Up's Annual Catalog. I hope you've seen how these products can meet so many of your papercrafting needs. If you caught my hint yesterday, you know that I'm wrapping up the week today with a surprise (it's not another card) 3D project! Here it is!

I made a box for all the cards I made this week. This box will fit all five cards and envelopes. (You could use this box for a six card set, but you would have to forego some of the thicker embellishments.) This box is super easy to make with the Envelope Punch Board. Here's how.

I started with a 9" by 9" square of Best Route Designer Series Paper. (Save that 3" strip for later.) I punched and scored one side of the DSP at 3-1/2" and 4-1/2". Then, I rotated the paper 180 degrees and did the same thing.

I rotated the paper a quarter turn (90 degrees) and used the scoring guide on the Punch Board, lining up each of the scored lines. Punch and score on both scored lines. Rotate the paper 180 degrees and repeat. Then put your box together with Tear & Tape Adhesive.

For the belly band, cut 1" off your 3" DSP strip so that you have a 12" by 2" piece. Use your Simply Scored Board to score at 2-3/4", 3-5/8", 8", and 8-7/8". Wrap this around your box and adhere the ends with Tear & Tape.

I embellished my belly band with one of the Best Route Memories & More Cards. I used my Layering Ovals Framelits to cut out the "I Love This" card and adhered it to a scalloped Mango Melody Card Stock piece that I also cut with a Layering Oval Framelit. I adhered this piece to the belly band with Stampin' Dimensionals. I thought the belly band needed a little something more so I tied on a length of Gray Granite 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon. That's the ticket, don't you think?!

Here's the box with the full set of cards. This would make a great gift set!


Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back on Monday with more projects for you!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment