Friday, August 24, 2018

Merry & Plaid

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I fell in love with the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set and matching Nature's Roots Framelits as soon as I saw them! I've always loved the perennial favorite, "Lovely As A Tree," and this new set complements that set so well. I had been thinking that using "Rooted in Nature" would be fun for a Christmas card so I combined it with the pretty Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper for a quick and easy card.

I stamped the double tree stamp from the "Rooted in Nature" set in Old Olive and Shaded Spruce Inks at the bottom of a 2-1/4" by 3-3/4" piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped a sentiment from the "Hearts Come Home" set in Night of Navy Ink at the top. I adhered this piece to a 2-1/2" by 3-3/4" Night of Navy Card Stock mat.

Next, I layered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of the Under the Mistletoe DSP onto a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Real Red Card Stock. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon around and then adhered everything to a Night of Navy Card Stock card base.

I stamped the single tree from the "Rooted in Nature" set in Old Olive onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with the matching Nature's Roots Framelit. I adhered this piece to the stamped panel with Stampin' Dimensionals. I finished the card by using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere three sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.

I think this card turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself--and that's easy to do when Stampin' Up's products coordinate so seamlessly!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment