Thursday, August 16, 2018

Twin Birthdays!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Yesterday was my twins' 19th birthday. I can't believe it! The time really flew by. I'm amazed at the wonderful young man and young woman who my children have become. They grew up from little premie babies to lovely (almost) adults! I'm very proud of both my twins (and of their older brother, too)!

I usually make the twins coordinating birthday cards--with subtle differences on each. Can you spot the differences? Oh! That's like the game, isn't it?!

As with the other cards I've shared this week, these two are made with products from Stampin' Up's Best Route Suite of products. Both cards start with a Gray Granite Card Stock card base. I cut down one of the larger Best Route Memories & More Cards to 4" by 5-1/4" and adhered these directly to the card base. (You might remember strips of these pieces on Monday's card.)

Next, I adhered a smaller Best Route Memories & More Card to a Mango Melody Card Stock mat and then adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the square sentiment from the "En Route" stamp set in Mango Melody Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with a square Stitched Shape Framelit. I adhered this to the card with a combination of Snail Adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals, so that the pieces are all flat on the card. The sentiment says, "You never cease to amaze me." But since these cards will be coming from the whole family, I used a couple of the Best Route Enamel Shapes to cover the word "me" and turned them into an exclamation point!

The "happy birthday" piece is a sticker from the Best Route Memories & More Cards--I added a Stampin' Dimensional on the right side so that it would be even with the rest of the elements of the card.

Finally, I stamped the sign post twice (for each card) in Blueberry Bushel Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped it again in Pineapple Punch Ink and again in Mango Melody Ink. I used my Paper Snips to fussy cut the signpost and the individual signs. I adhered each sign to the post with two Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Did you spot the differences? It shouldn't be too hard. Don't forget to come back tomorrow when I wrap up this week (hint, hint) with a special project using products from the Best Route Suite!














Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment