Thursday, August 23, 2018

My Wonderful Friend

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   When I got into this crazy stampin' business almost 20 years ago, my goal was to develop my skills so that I could give my BFF, Lynn, a run for her money. She is one of the most creative people I know and I pale by comparison. Twenty years later, I still haven't caught up to her, but I have improved immensely. Sometimes a little friendly competition is just what you need to stretch and grow in just about any endeavor.

I was surprised to find a card in the mail from Lynn last week. See, she's a wonderful artist, but she doesn't have that follow-through to get a card in the mail. I noticed that her hubby had addressed it. He's good like that. In the past, Lynn has also given me cards and stamps and asked me to get them addressed and in the mail. I'm good like that, too. 

Anyway, Lynn sent me the card to thank me for a little thing I'd done for her--a thing for which I did not need thanks. But I was so pleased that she sent me one of her beautiful creations. And I'm pleased to share that creation with you!
Isn't that card gorgeous?! I tell ya: everything Lynn makes is a work of art! Lynn used the gorgeous "Lilypad Lake" and matching Lakeside Framelits to make this card. She stamped the crane in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and added some subtle coloring with her Bermuda Bay and Grapefruit Grove Stampin' Write Markers. She gave him some shine with some Wink of Stella.

Next, Lynn sponged Lovely Lipstick, Pineapple Punch, and Bermuda Bay Inks onto Whisper White Card Stock, overlapping them a bit so they blended. She stamped over the Bermuda Bay with the wavy stamp from "Lilypad Lake" that was inked with a Versamark pad and stamped the sun in Grapefruit Grove. She "roughed up" the sun with her sponge so that it looks like it's shimmering in the sky. She cut out this piece with a Layering Oval Thinlit.

Lynn used a slightly larger Layering Oval Thinlit to cut an oval out of the center of a 4" by 5-1/4" Bermuda Bay panel and then embossed it with the Seaside Embossing Folder. She adhered this to a 4-1/8" by 5-3/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat. She tied on a length of Grapefruit Grove Grosgrain Ribbon and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this to a Bermuda Bay Card Stock card base.

Lynn adhered her stamped oval piece and the crane to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. She stamped a sentiment  from the "Dragonfly Dreams" stamp set in Versamark onto a 1/2" strip of Basic Black Card Stock, sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with her Heat Tool. She used her Paper Snips to flag the end of this piece before adhering it directly to the card.

For a finishing touch, Lynn added three Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins to the oval.

I love this card, but I love my BFF even more!!








 
Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment