Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Leaves in Suede

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The Nature's Poem suite of products on pages 142-144 in Stampin' Up's 2018-2019 Annual Catalog is stunning! That's the beauty of Stampin' Up products--they always coordinate wonderfully.  I love the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set. There's something about trees and leaves that call to me. And the Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper is stunning!
For today's card, I let the DSP take the lead and be the star of the card. I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Soft Suede piece of the Nature's Poem DSP. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Whisper White Card Stock mat, and then onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Grapefruit Grove Card Stock mat. Then I adhered everything to a Soft Suede Card Stock card base. Easy, right?!

Next, I stamped the "thinking of you" sentiment (that I'm using all week) from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Soft Suede Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I set this with my Heat Toll and then cut it out with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I adhered it to a Grapefruit Grove scalloped circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits.

Next, I punched for sprays of leaves from Vellum Cardstock with the Leaf Punch. I adhered these to the back of the sentiment piece. I finished the card by adhering the sentiment piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Don't you love how the vellum leaves mimic the leaves on the DSP?! So pretty!

I'll have another card tomorrow featuring the "Rooted in Nature" and Nature's Poem DSP on a slightly stepped up card. Be sure to come back and see what I have in store!









 
Product List
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$16.00
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment