Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Over the Moon

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #challengewednesday   #fabfri165  We made some fun cards at the Proverbial Stampers & Friends event over the weekend. But this time, I went in my own direction. As I always tell my customers: I give you the supplies to make a card; what you do with them is up to you. So I did a little bit of the card at the event and then brought the card parts home so that I could step up the card and play along in the Fab Friday sketch challenge

Here's the sketch.

 

Here's my card.

I stamped the cow from the ever-so-cute "Over the Moon" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I cut out the image with a square Stitched Shapes Die. I colored the cow's spots with a Light Basic Black Stampin' Blend, his (her?) face with a Dark Rococo Rose Stampin' Blend, and the bell with a Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend. (Actually, I originally colored the bell with Basic Black because I thought it was a hoof. So I stamped the image again, colored it, fussy cut it, and adhered it to the cow with a Mini Stampin' Dimensional. #nostampinmistakes #onlystampinopportunities). I also goofed up the sentiment, so I stamped that in Purple Posy Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I adhered it to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I cut a piece of Purple Posy Card Stock with a scalloped Layering Squares Die and adhered the stamped image to it. I used the big scallop die to from the Seasonal Layers Dies to cut a piece of Purple Posy Designer Series Paper to mimic the FabFriday sketch.

I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Granny Apple Green Card Stock panel with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. I adhered the scalloped DSP directly to the card and added a length of Gorgeous Grape Mini Striped Ribbon. Then I adhered the stamped image to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  

For a finishing touch, I added three Gorgeous Grape Glitter Enamel Dots to the card. I think this turned out purty cute!












Product List

1 comment:

  1. So cute, Kathy - love your fussy cut detail with the bell - this cow looks RELAXED, lol... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete