Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Magnolia Thanks

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ProtipTuesday   Over the weekend, I attended the Proverbial Stampers & Friends new catalog gathering. We had a wonderful time making cards with new stamp sets from the catalog, seeing demonstrations, and getting great business tips. One of the best things that we do (and you may have heard me say it once or twice if you've been following my blog) is swapping with other stampers. This was a big swap! We had 23 swappers and I received some gorgeous cards! I'll be sharing some of the make-and-takes and some of the swap cards I received over the next month or so. Here's my swap card.

This card is inspired by a set of cards that Kelly Acheson showed on her blog, A Stamp Above. I thought her cards were beautiful, so I set out to make my own.

Since I was making 26 cards, I used the Stamparatus to get that production line going. I stamped the large magnolia image from the "Good Morning Magnolia" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black directly onto the front of a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. Next, I adhered a 1-1/2" by 5-1/2" strip of Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper to a 2" by 5-1/2" Mossy Meadow Card Stock strip and adhered this directly to the card front.

I colored the flower with Light Petal Pink and Old Olive Stampin' Blend Markers. I colored the center of the flower with Clear Wink of Stella.

I stamped the sentiment from the "Good Morning Magnolia" set in Mossy Meadow Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with one of the Stitched Nestled Labels Dies. I trimmed this piece with my Paper Snips and then adhered it to a Mossy Meadow Card Stock mat that I cut with the same Stitched Nestled Label Die. I adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Now for the PROTIP. See those gorgeous Mossy Meadow pearl elements on the card? I made them! I colored some Basic Pearl Jewels with the Dark Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blend. Now you can have embellishments in any color you want! You can color our Clear Faceted Gems, too! This is such a fun PROTIP--I couldn't wait to share it with you. I have many more, so don't forget to stop by every Tuesday for Protip Tuesday!

Tomorrow I'll be playing along in a challenge blog for Challenge Wednesday. Come back and see what I've made and what challenge I'm playing in!








 
Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment